2nd International Conference ECSS - Emission Control for Seagoing Ships
ECA COMPLIANCE AND BEYOND - ARE YOU READY?
SOx reduction strategies - Innovative LNG & hybrid propulsion technologies - Cost-effective retrofit solutions - Efficient NOx control systems
Stricter regulation of exhaust limits for ship engines drive the innovation for the development of new propulsion systems and abatement technologies in the marine engine industry. Fleets need to comply with the 0.1% sulphur limit coming into force in the ECAs in 2015, which causes an urgent need for action among shipowners. The probable postponement of IMO Tier III NOx limits by the upcoming session of MEPC 66 notwithstanding, the pressure also in this market remains high and strategies for efficient NOx reduction have to be found.
To reach these ambitious goals, new technologies have to be applied and existing engines are forced to be upgraded and optimized. This conference is a meeting point for marine engineers, exhaust aftertreatment specialists, ship operators and owners to discuss the latest technical developments, challenges and solutions.
This year's second edition of Emisson Control for Seagoing Ships will focus on the follwoing topics:
- The industry drivers: Latest news about IMO Marpol Annex VI Tier III and ECA regulations
- SOx reduction solutions with innovative scrubber technologies for diverse vessel types
- Emission reduction by LNG fuelling: Best practice for retrofitting, newly built ships and bunkering
- Hybrid propulsion concepts for various operational profiles
- Approaches for successful EEDI certification
- NOx reduction strategies with EGR and SCR technology